Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Crafting

This is what I gave to our Tuesday evening Bible study group as a lil Christmas gifts ... just for fun bc I thought it looked so yummy!
Its peppermint cocoa and I thought it was rather tasty for homemade cocoa ! I was bummed though because I wanted to put it in mason jars and layer the ingredients... but my husband couldnt find mason jar lids at the store when he was in town! (guess they are seasonal??) Maybe Ill have to start saving jelly jars with the lids for next year (FREE !:))
Anyways if you want to try to make these I thought I would share... because getting FREE ideas and recipes is the BEST!
Peppermint Cocoa:
2 cups non fat dry powdered milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powdere (not sweetened)
1/2 cup non dairy creamer
2 dashes salt
4 crushed candy canes (leave a bit chunky so you can see the colors!... theyll melt down)
Then you add about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup (preference thing) mix to one cup hot water OR milk. Of course ya gotta MIX the peppermint in first :) I thought itd be fun to try with marshmallows or mini morsels as well???? (Half of this recipe filled up a 2 cup mason jar)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hi Elisha!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It's so fun to make new blog friends.

Your cocoa recipe sounds really good. I love giving home made gifts and we have new neighbors on our road this year so it looks like they'll be getting some of your cocoa mix along with a plate of cookies.

I'm signing up to follow your blog too.