Friday, July 15, 2011

Cupboard Make over & the Munchkin

Remember my eariler post on this cupboard? It was unpainted and spackled? Well before that it was all kinds of hearts and scrolls and 80's country (but I still am mad at myself for not getting THAT pic of it). Anyways... here it is all redone up! The pic makes it look a bit more maroon than it really is.. but you get the idea. Isaiah will demonstrate my makeover :) ( Its so cute bc he tries to hide on the bottom shelf from me... but doesnt quite fit. I believe I will use this cupboard to hide some toys of his in a basket or something.
Yes... he already knows how to open it!
Some of my goodies on top... mostly from flea market and garage sales...
Wait a minute... hes only 17 months... how did he get to counter level???
LIL STINKER!!!! he is SO smart he blows me away every day with SOMETHING! (sorry... i tried and TRIED to get this pic rotated and I just couldnt get it done.. turn that neck a bit )
Welp... thats all! Now my next project is wiping wallpaper glue OFF our master bath wall in preparation to PAINT! I MUST get this bathroom done before baby #2!  ~ Elisha

6 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Great job on the redo!!! What a cute little boy!!!!

I use vinegar water to get left over paste residue off my walls.

Mary

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a wonderful difference in he cupboard. It looks like it was meant to be!! And you ceertainly have a cute model there!!

If you check my sidebar for Caromal Colours under labels, that is what I used for my basecoat. They have a whole website - so though it is a bit complicated to navigate and find exactly what you want but they have great customer service!

I used the textured basecoat in peppercorn(black). It sticks to anything! You paint it on bumpy and gloppy for texture. It's like it almost has sand in it. Because the CC is so expensive and only comes in a handful of colors, I use any kind of latex paint for the top coat. This time I used Martha Stewart's in flat and I used the color Turkey. When it is very dry and cured, I sand off some of the top color. The hard bumpy basecoat makes is easy to remove the paint from the raised areas and the undercolor shows through at every little bump and raised area. It's awesome! Then I went over with FolkArt brand stain. I love the little jars of it that are sold in the craft store. I wipe it off with old rags - as much or as little as you want. If you get too much on, you dampen a rag and take off what you want. Since this won't get touched much, I skipped a top coat. Hope that helps!! HUGS!

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hello!...thank you for visiting my blog and for the kind words about my collection of hearts!...I really like the makeover you did on the cabinet and your baby is adorable!

Thanks again!
Janet

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Morning Elisha,
Isaiah is too cute....saw the gorgeous cupboard but then saw Isaiah and he WON! lol

P.S. thanks for visiting my blog - always nice to see your name pop up.

Karen

Janna said...

Your cupboard is wonderful!! Definitely looks like it came straight from Aunt Patty's. ;o)(without the price tag!!) Hope the wallpaper glue clean-up is coming along--I've got a little border to remove in the house we're moving to. I'm hoping it comes off simply!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Your cupboard turned out prim perfect. Your little guy is a sweetheart. They do grow so fast before our eyes. Blessings!
Lara