Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving / NEED for prayer

I am posting this quite heartbroken as I have just recieved news that my sweet christian friend, Lei,  just came out of surgery and they have found pancreatic cancer... and were unable to do anything about it. Lei is a sweet godly woman devoted to the service of the Lord and to others... and I have been blessed with her friendship through womens Bible studies and fellowship.
Please pray for Lei and her family.... and let this be a reminder to us of how precious life is and how we spend every moment, not only how we spend it.... but that we can be thankful to our LORD for his EVERLASTING kindness and grace and offer of salvation to those who believe, repent and trust in Him. I feel as though my eyes have been opened to what God has given me..... a wonderful husband, two precious babies and a wonderful church home to mention a few. I cant help but feel like it should be ME, not her that has to struggle with this news/ diagnosis....as often I have found myself ungrateful and complaining about my circumstances, and my minor frustrations in this life.Least I say.... I am totally HUMBLED and ashamed. God truly has showered me with grace and patience.....not only with His gift of LIFE to me through  the death of His Son, Jesus Christ, but his everlasting kindness and forgiveness that I am unworthy of.
Please pray for Lei... and be EVER thankful this thanksgiving for the Lords many blessings to us.

No comments: