Thursday, January 20, 2011

VaLENTINES and re-do's

Isaiah's new/old highchair. I so wanted an antique one... this one was given to us from Jons folks... was used in his family.... it was pretty beat up and I thought I was gonna have to paint it... but hated to. I sanded it down and applied some dk walnut stain over it... which darkened it some (which was NICE bc it was a bit too "golden" for my taste)... and I made a lil chair pad for Isaiahs rump (and to cover up the most wear and tear)... as well as the back (covered with towel). Just needs a coat of polyurethane to the tray. Its very unique as it converts to a DESK! but the desk part was in BAD shape so my F.I.L replaced it with some plywood. I know I wont get the stain to match so Im considering painted it with that chalkboard paint... that way Isaiah can learn his letter and numbers on it?? Not quite for sure on that one yet!
THese are calendar pages that I converted to envelopes for my grandma Arlene! Her sister had the idea of doing this and she loved it... so I told her I could try to cut them out on my cricut and it was pretty easy! I think she will likey:)


Ok...this is my coffee table decor right now... and NO its not Christmas bc its a SLED! :) I found it at GW and it was UGLY and so I worked my fake antique charm on it to distress and such and beat it up some... it looks better with some real green around the candle as well... but its TOO cold to go out and cut down some ! :)


Ok... another HEART thing... Ive had this for years.. it as a gift and often I have thought about getting rid of it.... so now I just use it for Vday :)


No comments: